VACANCY: Grants Program Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Organization: LEVIZ Albania
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension up to 3 years)
Application deadline: 8 February 2019
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is an initiative funded by the Swiss Embassy and implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-Plan. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to support local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society across the country. At the same time, it will undertake strategic projects and national-level advocacy to enable an environment for an improved local democracy.
Grants Manager (GM) oversees the process of grant-giving for CSOs and individuals, which aim to achieve the main goals and objectives of LevizAlbania. Working with other staff members, GM actively participates in the process of annual priorities identification for LevizAlbania, which are a milestone for the intervention instruments. GM has to be skillful at analyzing local democracy and civil society development and understanding the various challenges at national and local levels monitoring and evaluating applications and grants. She/he is responsible for periodically reporting on the whole process of grant giving and also for analyzing expected results as well. She/he needs to be highly aware of the internal workings of the organization/project.
Responsibilities/ Duties (Summary of key functions)
- Develops the Call for Proposals package: Call for proposal document application forms and materials, reporting requirements, and other program information and management documents, in cooperation with other Project staff
- Evaluates the project proposals, in collaboration with the other Grants Manager and ME&CS Manager, and under supervision of the Team Leader, for funding eligibility and relative strengths and weaknesses, in order to make recommendations for decision making by the Grants and Fellowships Board.
- Ensures effective management of Grant Making component of the project.
- Ensures good communication and effective collaboration with grantees and partners, by coaching and mentoring them, for proper implementation of their projects.
- Monitors and participates in grantees activities, organise field visits and other on the field meetings and activities.
- Contributes to design and coordinate activities related to coalition building process.
- Manages grants in a manner that ensures that contractual obligations are met. This includes making sure that reporting requirements are strictly complied with, in close collaboration with Grants Assistant and Financial Manager.
- Makes sure that Grant Scheme is well designed to meet the project needs.
- Effective and efficient utilization of the grant scheme to produce desired results.
- Cooperates for the efficiency in Monitoring & Evaluation of the performance of grantees.
- Acts (together with the other Grants Program Manager and ME&CS Manager) as point of contact for the Civil Society community regarding the grant program.
- Organizes in cooperation with other colleagues the outreach and information sessions for CSOs and other actors on the grant program.
- Contributes to proper dissemination of results and impact of the grantees and Project outputs.
- Collects supplementary information on grantee candidate organizations, as required in the evaluation of potential grants, closely cooperating with ME & CS Manager.
- Coordinates with Finance Manager on financial evaluation of applicants and disbursement of funds.
- Proposes and co-work on up scaling of successful ideas.
- Contributes to the drafting of the progress reports and annual LA Project Reports.
- Contributes to the drafting of the Scope of Works for short term assignments related to the grants portfolio and overseeing short-term experts.
- Participates and carries out other Project activities as required.
Qualification and experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters) related to democratic governance and development, such as Political Science, economics, law and other social sciences.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in direct administering of Grant giving processes;
- Very good expertise in developing grant proposals;
- Skilled in operating Grant Management System (GMS);
- Ability to prepare high quality policy briefs, analytical reports, and technical research reflecting good practice in democratic governance & citizen inclusion;
- Very good knowledge of the Monitoring & Evaluation processes;
- A very good record in working with CSOs and civic initiatives;
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Skills in training, process facilitation, strategic planning, and partnership-building;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
- Excellent PC user skills: word processing, spread sheets, databases and web-based research.
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English is required, particularly in preparing reports.
- Flexibility to travel and attend meetings out of normal working hours.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
LEVIZAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply not later than 8 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with an update resume and a cover letter in English, including three references. Other supporting documents on the previous experiences are welcomed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information contact via: email@example.com or landline: +355 44 500 153.