VACANCY: Project Team Leader
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract duration: 1 year (with possibility of extension up to 3 years)
Application deadline: 8 February 2019
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is an initiative funded by the Swiss Embassy and implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-Plan. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to support local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society across the country. At the same time, it will undertake strategic projects and national-level advocacy to enable an environment for an improved local democracy.
She/he will be responsible for the overall strategic and daily management, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of LA project, ensuring consistency with the Project Document approved by Embassy of Switzerland & LA project’s Consortium, which is the project’s implementer.
She/he will manage the overall performance of the project including human resource management and supervision, financial controlling and quality assurance, the design and coordination of the yearly plan of operation; the interface with Consortium / Embassy of Switzerland / donors and third parties. She/he is the project’s authority, responsible & in charge for all public & multimedia communications. She/he will provide strategic leadership to all project components, such as management and implementation of grants process and harmonization of the strategic interventions.
She/he will be responsible for managing day-to-day planning, implementation and problem-solving to ensure the project team achieves their daily goals in activity productions and/or services. She/he will be responsible for activity planning and overseeing those activities are completed successfully, within the given deadline. She/he will be work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of project is on schedule. She/he needs to have excellent leadership and communication skills to carry on the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Responsibilities/duties (Summary of key functions)
- Leads the planning and implementation of the project.
- It is the official person for all project’s communications with upper management, partners & stakeholders.
- Responsible to develop and maintain partnership and good relations with media and other means of public communication.
- Defines project tasks and resource requirements and develops full scale project plans.
- Assembles and coordinates project staff.
- Manages project budget and project resource allocation.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and tracks project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Provides direction and support to project team.
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
- Prepares and presents reports by defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Supervises project implementation and monitoring of results.
- Suggests if necessary new policies and modifications in order to reform the nature of work.
- Develops good relations with his/her colleagues and motivate them to do well by appreciating their good performances.
- Being a team leader has to maintain confidentiality.
- Responsible for establishing easy communication between the employees and the higher authority.
- In case of emergency, should be able to solve problems for team members.
- It is primary duty to participate in meetings, discussions, project site visits, workshops and hearings.
Qualification and experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters) related to democratic governance, economics, law, development studies, social sciences, or other relevant fields from most reputable universities.
- Minimum 7 years of direct work experience in project management capacity.
- Long proven experience in human resources management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Experience in risk management.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing & leading, negotiation & delegation.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Good work record on decision-making, communication skills, team work.
- A distinguish record on know how & involvement with CSOs and civic initiatives.
- Skilled in delegating, monitoring and accomplishment.
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English is required, particularly in preparing reports.
- Flexibility to travel and attend meetings out of normal working hours.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
LEVIZAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply not later than 8 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with an update CV and a Cover Letter in English, including three references. Other supporting documents on the previous experiences are welcomed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information contact via: email@example.com or landline: +355 44 500 153.