Call for engagement of experts in the roster of Open Society Foundation for Albania
EU 4 Inclusive Teaching project implemented by Open Society Foundation Albania in partnership with Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Finland), funded by European Union aims to improve the quality and inclusion in pre university education by supporting the completion of pre-university curriculum reform through the strengthening of teacher in service training effectiveness with a particular focus on competence-based learning and inclusion. Improving learning outcomes of Albanian students and closing the gap between students belonging to different socio-economic categories is crucial for both social cohesion and sustainable development of the country. Therefore, equipping teachers with necessary competencies and skills to build a motivating and inclusive learning environment is the key to advance such priority.
According to indirect management procedures, the General Directorate for Financing and Contracting of EU, World Bank and Other Donor Funds/Central Financing and Contracting Unit (CFCU) under the Ministry of Finance and Economy is the Contracting Authority for this project. The project is implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
Main objectives of the project:
- Objective 1. Review and update the professional development curriculum for in-service teachers based on the new key competency-based curriculum in pre-university education.
- Objective 2. A minimum of 320 highly motivated teachers identified by AQAPE undergo a ToT programme of 22 training days (132 training hours) in line with and supporting the training for 15,000 teachers.
- Objective 3. A better working environment for school psychologists and social workers. A feasible and relevant blueprint to be used from public institutions in the future to enable a more effective working environment for school psychologists and social workers.
- Objective 4. Transformation of two special schools in Tirana into resource/excellence centres.
Purpose of the Call
This call is targeting relevant expertise (five different experts) related to objective 1 and 2 of the action. Individual experts, specialized Civil Society Organizations (CSO-s) operating in the field of adults/teachers training or private companies with relevant experience are eligible to apply. CSO-s and private companies could submit the interest targeting particular expertise or the entire required expertise as a package.
Experts will work in a team together with other local and Finnish experts. The purpose of this Call is to identify qualified and experienced experts specialized in the following areas:
- Local education expert specialized in teachers service training programs, modern pedagogy and competence-based education.
- Local education expert with specific expertise in science subjects and modern competence-based pedagogy and teacher’s TOT/adult education.
- Local education expert with specific expertise in social science subjects and modern competence-based pedagogy and teacher’s TOT/adult education.
- Local education expert with specific expertise in inclusive education and modern pedagogy.
- Local education expert in developing the methodology and plan for the training rollout for 15,000 teachers.
The Experts will be contracted to deliver their services based on the need and according to the annual plan of the project.
You can download Call for Engagement of Experts in the Roster of OSFA on this link.