We are hiring: Communication Officer
Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA)
We are hiring: Communication Officer
Open Society Foundation for Albania is looking for a new colleague!
We are launching a call for a Communication Officer to be based in Tirana, Albania.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet all the criteria set out in the Terms of Reference, please submit your application containing all required documentation – Cover letter, CV and a minimum of one specific reference letter for this position, all in English – by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17:00 Central European Time, March 21, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Job title: Communication Officer
Contract period: Fixed-term for one year (with possibility of extension)
Office: Open Society Foundation for Albania, but s/he may be also expected to spend her/his working time in the field, throughout Albania.
Full-time position: 40 hours / week
Location: Tirana, Albania
Vacancy issued: March 11, 2022
Deadline for application: March 21, 2022, by 17:00 Central European Time
Terms of Reference for hiring a Communication Officer
The Open Society Foundations is a global network of foundations and offices committed to local knowledge and national expertise that works to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. The Open Society Foundation for Albania is a non-profit, independent, non-governmental, non-political organization, part of the Open Society Foundations network. For more information on the activity of OSFA you may visit www.osfa.al
OSFA is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual with a great sense of responsibility for designing and implementing the communication and visibility strategy as part of our Project Unit in charge of implementing the European Union (EU) funded projects. The Communication Officer will be responsible for the OSFA’s overall external communication activities mostly related to EU-funded projects implemented by OSFA.
Main responsibilities/duties (Summary of key responsibilities)
- Design, prepare and implement the communication and visibility strategy for EU-funded projects and the expected outputs;
- Responsible for writing articles, success stories, electronic bulletins, contributing to preparation of reports and other communication materials;
- Plan, organize, and implement communication-related activities;
- Work closely with project staff and other stakeholders by providing technical support and advice on communication aspects to be taken into account during the implementation of project activities;
- Maintain and regularly feed on a frequent basis with information, in both Albanian and English, the social media pages, including posting and scheduling;
- Maintain regular contact with project donors, stakeholders and beneficiaries in terms of communication-related issues.
- Establish connections and networks and maintain communication with national media representatives;
- Pay regular field visits during project activities in order to prepare communication outputs;
- In close collaboration with project staff, contribute to the development of regular reports.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant University degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Law, English or Literature; or any equivalent degrees;
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in communication.
- Strong skills in written communication in English, particularly in preparing communication letters and reporting; excellent spoken English is also required.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of media situation in the country and about social media;
- Previous experience as a communication officer for EU-funded project would be preferred;
- Previous experience in projects related to the education sector would be preferred;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and policies and EU-funded projects in Albania would be preferred;
- Ability to work in a team setting with a high sense of confidentiality and flexibility;
- Ability to operate within a fast-moving environment and react appropriately to change;
- Ability to take initiative and operate independently and have self/organizational skills;
- Resourcefulness, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with and between different levels and types of project personnel and counterparts;
- Excellent PC user skills in Microsoft Office package. Design skills in Adobe Package (or similar software) would be preferred.
The application should include a Cover letter, CV and a minimum of one specific reference letter for this position, all in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. Please indicate in the e-mail subject a specification about your application: Application - Communication Officer – Name Surname. Please also mention in the CV/Cover Letter the contact details (including telephone number and e-mail of the most recent direct supervisor/s. The application should be sent by email to email@example.com, no later than March 21, 2022 by 17:00 Central European Time. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
OSFA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination! We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented.