WE ARE HIRING: DEPUTY TEAM LEADER (RE-ANNOUNCEMENT)
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: Full time employment
Application deadline: 18 November 2020
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-PLAN. The project is in its second phase of implementation (July 2019 – June 2023). LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to support local democracy in Albania. It is engaged to enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society across the country. At the same time, it will undertake strategic projects and national-level advocacy to enable an environment for an improved local democracy. LevizAlbania supports NPOs, informal groups and individuals that are active at the local level, interacting with local communities and local institutions. The support is provided through different granting instruments: Demand Driven Grants; Community Action Initiatives, and Rapid Response actions. LevizAlbania in Phase II has introduced the Strategic Grants instrument aiming to provide support to solid organizations and coalitions in fomenting joint actions and strategic advocacy to address systemic challenges, or generating monitoring and knowledge on issues of high public interest. LevizAlbania’s supported interventions during the first year of Phase II have engaged more than 6,300 citizens in becoming active for improved services to their communities, and promoting equality among youth, women and disadvantaged groups and communities.
The Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for the programmatic leadership and strategic orientation of all LevizAlbania granting instruments. In close cooperation with LevizAlbania team, DTL will ensure synergy and harmonization of LevizAlbania grants and activities as well as achievement and communication of LevizAlbania results.
Responsibilities/Duties (Summary of key functions)
- Provides strategic leadership, innovation and quality implementation of all LevizAlbania grant giving instruments and processes.
- Provides technical expertise during the programmatic planning and implementation of the LevizAlbania’s Yearly Plans of Operation to a high professional standard.
- Provides technical input into the design, implementation and evaluation of Calls for Proposals and other project activities (i.e.: Democracy Week, Strategic Grants, Rapid Response etc.), across the LevizAlbania portfolio.
- Supervises and guides the work of long-term experts, in content and technical aspects.
- Prepares the Terms of Reference and supervises the work of short-term experts.
- Supports the Team Leader in the implementation and review of LevizAlbania’s Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- In cooperation with Media & Communication Expert, ensures an active and qualitative communication of project results and communication for development.
- Develops and maintains strategic alliances and good relations with media and other stakeholders.
- Keeps track and establishes communication with other projects supporting local governance, local democracy and civic engagement, aiming to avoid overlaps and ensure synergy.
- Performs other relevant tasks and duties as needed.
Qualification and experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters) related to democratic governance, political science, international relations, economics, law, development studies, social sciences, or other relevant fields from most reputable universities.
- Minimum 7 years of direct work experience in project management capacity.
- A distinguish record on know how & involvement with CSOs and civic initiatives.
- Very good knowledge of local governance in Albania
- Long proven experience in human resources management.
- Proven experience in strategic planning.
- Experience in risk management.
- Demonstrated skills in influencing & leading, negotiation & delegation.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Good work record on decision-making, communication skills, team work.
- Skilled in delegating, monitoring and accomplishment.
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English is required, particularly in preparing reports.
- Flexibility to travel and attend meetings out of normal working hours.
Remuneration budgeted for the position is as per the industry standards. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.
Eligible candidates interested in this position are requested to apply not later than 18 November 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with an update CV and a Cover Letter in English, including three specific references related to this position and an essay (1 page) explaining: why are they the best candidate, what do they bring to LA, and what would be one innovation they would bring to LA. Other supporting documents on the previous experiences are welcomed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information contact via: email@example.com or landline: +355 44 500 153.
LevizAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!