Call for Expression of Interest - School furniture supplier
EU 4 Inclusive Teaching project implemented by Open Society Foundation Albania in partnership with Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Finland), funded by European Union aims to improve the quality and inclusion in pre university education by supporting the completion of pre-university curriculum reform through the strengthening of teacher in service training effectiveness with a particular focus on competence-based learning and inclusion. Improving learning outcomes of Albanian students and closing the gap between students belonging to different socio-economic categories is crucial for both social cohesion and sustainable development of the country. Therefore, equipping teachers with necessary competencies and skills to build a motivating and inclusive learning environment is the key to advance such priority.
According to indirect management procedures, the General Directorate for Financing and Contracting of EU, World Bank and Other Donor Funds/Central Financing and Contracting Unit (CFCU) under the Ministry of Finance and Economy is the Contracting Authority for this project. The project is implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
Main objectives of the project:
- Objective 1. Review and update the professional development curriculum for in-service teachers based on the new key competency-based curriculum in pre-university education.
- Objective 2. A minimum of 320 highly motivated teachers identified by AQAPE undergo a ToT programme of 22 training days (132 training hours) in line with and supporting the training for 15,000 teachers.
- Objective 3. A better working environment for school psychologists and social workers. A feasible and relevant blueprint to be used from public institutions in the future to enable a more effective working environment for school psychologists and social workers.
- Objective 4. Transformation of two special schools in Tirana into resource/excellence centres.
Purpose of the Call
This call is targeting potential private companies suppliers of school furniture. The investment will improve classroom equipment for the 17 classes of the Institute of Mute Students.
Expected products to be supplied
- chairs and benches for students (100 chairs and benches),
- desks and chairs for teachers (17 desks and chairs),
- lockers (17)
- classroom shelfs (17)
This call for expression of interest does not imply the obligation of Open Society Foundation for Albania to engage any service provider or to establish any contractual relationship between Open Society Foundation for Albania and them.
Only the successful candidates identified in this call will be subsequently invited to submit an official offer for the required service.
Submission of the documents
The deadline for submission of the documents is July 22, 2022 by 17:00.