Call for Expressions of Interest - “Facilitator for Participatory designing of the employment & education support packages”
The Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), in cooperation with the Municipality of Tirana (MoT) and the Social Action and Innovation Centre (Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias kai Pai Diou - KMOP) is implementing the three-year project titled: “Inclusive EduJobs - Towards Context Relevant Policies and Services Enhancing Employability and Educational Outcomes of Roma and Egyptians in Albania” funded by the EU, under the IPA 2019 Programme, reference: EuropeAid/170610/DD/ACT/AL.
Main objectives of the project:
- Increase employability and self-employment opportunities for Roma and Egyptian communities and narrow the employment gap through piloting and rapid testing of innovative models.
- Increase school enrolment and attendance rates, prevent drop-out and reduce functional illiteracy of Roma and Egyptian children, including mitigate the negative effects of COVID-19 by increasing access to online education and scholarship programs for compulsory education.
- Strengthen the capacities of the involved municipalities (Tirana Municipality, Shushica (Elbasan), and 3 municipalities engaged in the project by means of competitive selection) for collaborative designing and managing of the above employment and education schemes together with CSOs, and effective utilization of funds from central government.
- Enhance the role of seven Roma and Egyptian grassroots civil society organizations in action planning and policy advocacy at the local and central level to inform and validate public decision-making addressing Roma and Egyptian needs and constraints, with a particular focus on employment and education.
Purpose of this call
Through this call, the Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA) aims to identify a facilitator for the participatory designing of the self-employment/employment and education support packages in Community Action Planning in Tirana.
The purpose of Community Action Planning in Tirana is to sustain a process that involves local government representatives, Roma and Egyptian and other local CSOs working in the sphere of employment and education, business development experts and Roma and Egyptians community members. The consultation meetings will focus on discussing the plan and modalities for the launching the intervention schemes. The consultation process will contribute to the design of a blueprint document which gives an overview and detailed description of the support packages.
The facilitator is responsible for:
- Providing support in planning and structuring the consultation meetings in an inclusive and constructive manner.
- Preparing the ground for the meeting
- Providing guidance and instructions for participants/stakeholders
- Creating a comfortable and inclusive meeting environment
- Recognize patterns in the discussions and lead the discussions to the desired outcome.
- In cooperation with the thematic local experts, proposes the methodology for consultation meetings.
- Ensuring effective communication and an open and constructive environment during the consultation meetings.
- Organizes a wrap up meeting with the project staff to discuss lessons learnt and define good practices for the future events.
- At least 5 years of proven work experience as a meeting facilitator or any other similar role
- Experience in synthesizing information and drafting public events/meetings reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills which enable a facilitator to effectively communicate with the management team
- Well-developed understanding of processes, such as how to enable group decision-making, problem-solving, and organizing and structuring agendas for appropriate results
You can download Call for Expressions of Interest - “Facilitator for Participatory designing of the employment & education support packages” on this link.