Call for Expressions of Interest - Local Employment Expert
The Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), in cooperation with the Municipality of Tirana (MoT) and the Social Action and Innovation Centre (Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias kai Pai Diou - KMOP) is implementing the three-year project titled: “Inclusive EduJobs - Towards Context Relevant Policies and Services Enhancing Employability and Educational Outcomes of Roma and Egyptians in Albania” funded by the EU under the IPA 2019 Programme, reference: EuropeAid/170610/DD/ACT/AL.
The purpose of this call is to provide the Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA) with a list of experts who may be invited to provide offers for local specialized expertise in the sphere of employment related to the objective 1 of the project.
The project aims to ensure the necessary link with the following existing government programs:
- Self-employment Program – Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Community Work Program – Ministry of Finance and Economy
- Social Enterprise Fund – Ministry of Health and Social Protection
- Agriculture and Rural Development Program Fund – Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Local employment expert’ responsibilities and duties:
- provides consultancy to OSFA with regard to employment component of the project;
- Develops the project employment schemes blueprint;
- Supports the project team in designing and planning the interventions approach, based on the governmental program, for the self-employment/employment schemes, after an in-depth assessment of the existing situation;
- Provides expertise in developing the methodology of the consultation meetings with main stakeholders;
- Contributes to the designing and planning of the self-employment/employment schemes methodology for the types of support that will be provided (mentoring, trainings, consultations, etc);
- Supports the consultation process with CSOs and Roma and Egyptian community members to identify the potential activities/jobs preferred which do also match with their skills;
- Participates in the project management team meetings during key planning and progress assessment sessions;
- Collaborates with the facilitator of consultation meetings in Community Action Planning in Tirana for designing the 4 employment models;
- Contributes to the monitoring and evaluation committee meetings;
- Contributes to designing the guidelines for the self-employment/employment sub-granting scheme.
Required qualifications and experiences:
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years' experience in promoting job-preparedness skills to vulnerable jobseekers;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising between business sector, government employment units and agencies and vulnerable jobseekers;
- Extensive experience of designing employment surveys;
- Experience in implementing programs/projects aiming to improve employability of Roma and Egyptian, especially women;
- Previous working experience with Roma and Egyptian or job-seekers.
You can download Call for Expressions of Interest - "Local Employment Expert" on this link.