EU 4 Inclusive Teaching - Call for Expression of Interest
Development and Implementation of a Digital Platform for School of blind children
Location: Tirana, Albania
Project: “EU 4 Inclusive Teaching”
EU Grant Contract No.: IPA/2019/AL/1
Contracting Authority: Open Society Foundation for Albania
The project "EU 4 Inclusive Teaching" invites expressions of interest from qualified and experienced ICT companies to participate in the development and implementation of a digital platform with extensive storage capacity. This platform aims to provide accessibility to audiobooks, specifically Albanian school textbooks, for individuals with low vision or blindness. The primary focus is to enhance the learning experience of blind students studying at the Ramazan Kabashi School and those enrolled in public schools.
The project involves the creation of a dynamic digital platform with substantial storage capacity. This platform will enable individuals with low vision or blindness to access audio books, particularly Albanian school textbooks, thereby fostering an inclusive and accessible learning environment. The primary beneficiaries of this initiative are blind students attending the Ramazan Kabashi School and blind students enrolled in public schools.
Scope of work
The selected ICT company will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing a digital platform with extensive storage capacity to host audio books, focusing on Albanian school textbooks.
- Ensuring proper accessibility features to cater to the unique needs of individuals with low vision or blindness.
- Implementing ongoing support and maintenance and managing external software and server licensing costs for the same period.
Qualifications and experience
We are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with the following experience:
- Proven expertise in the development and implementation of digital platforms, especially those focused on accessibility for individuals with disabilities.
- Experience in managing and estimating costs associated with ICT projects, including software development, ongoing support, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with the challenges faced by individuals with low vision or blindness and an understanding of assistive technologies that enhance accessibility.
Interested candidates should submit:
- A company profile;
- Official documents issued by the National Business Center - NBC or the relevant government agency that provides services related to business registration, company information, and other business-related matters;
- Expression of interest indicating why should the company be selected to offer the service.
Expressions of Interest must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please specify in the e-mail subject a specification about your application: EU 4 Inclusive Teaching - Call for Expressions Development and Implementation of a Digital Platform for School of Blind Children –Name of Company.
The deadline for submission of expressions of interest is January 22nd, by 17:00.
We look forward to receiving your expressions of interest and working collaboratively to create an inclusive and accessible learning environment for blind students.