Inclusive EduJobs - Call for Expressions of Interest
Mentor to support Roma and Egyptian vocational students during the internship
Project: Inclusive EduJobs - Towards Context Relevant Policies and Services Enhancing Employability and Educational Outcomes of Roma and Egyptians in Albania
EU Grant Contract No.: IPA/2022/432-813
Call reference No.: IPA/2022/432-813/CEI no.9
Contracting Authority: Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA)
The "Inclusive EduJobs" project, titled "Towards Context Relevant Policies and Services Enhancing Employability and Educational Outcomes of Roma and Egyptians in Albania," is a 3-year initiative led by the Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA) in collaboration with the Municipality of Tirana and the Social Action and Innovation Centre (KMOP). Funded by the European Union under the IPA 2019 program, the project aims to enhance the employability and educational outcomes of Roma and Egyptian communities in Albania.
- Increase employability and self-employment opportunities for Roma and Egyptian communities.
- Improve school enrollment, attendance rates, and reduce functional illiteracy among Roma and Egyptian children.
- Strengthen the capacities of involved municipalities for collaborative designing and managing of employment and education schemes.
- Enhance the role of Roma and Egyptian grassroots civil society organizations in policy advocacy at the local and central level.
Purpose of this Call
The purpose of this Call is to establish a qualified list of candidates that may be invited to participate in the procurement procedure or the provision of ‘mentoring to support Roma and Egyptian vocational students during the internship in business companies’ as part of the Inclusive EduJobs project.
The “Inclusive EduJobs” project will support Roma and Egyptian vocational school graduates to participate in practical oriented internships in relevant business companies which would improve their professional skills, confidence and employability. Twenty motivated vocational schools students will be supplied with professional tools according to the study specialties in order to facilitate their internship in relevant business companies. Participants of the internships will receive the support of a mentor who will facilitate the relationships with the companies and provide consultations during the internship.
Responsibilities and Duties
The expert will provide support and mentorship to Roma and Egyptian vocational school graduates during their practical internships in the selected business companies, facilitating a supportive relationship between the vocational school graduates and business companies.
The expert will work under the supervision of the Project Manager, to whom he/she will directly report with regards to the implementation of the tasks and will be engaged for a total of 15 working days for both pilot and replication phase.
- Mentor and support students improve their technical skills through guidance and counseling during their in-company training;
- Advise R/E vocational school graduates on how to manage workplace challenges while considering interns’ cultural backgrounds;
- Address and challenge any stereotypes or discrimination that may exist within the workplace, promoting a positive and supportive atmosphere;
- Support and encourage interns to overcome cultural barriers, building confidence in their abilities and potential;
- Be aware of potential conflicts related to cultural differences and intervene promptly to resolve issues in collaboration with the legal aid workplace rights and conflict resolution lawyer of the project.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of Roma and Egyptian interns, promoting a positive work environment.
- Identify skill development related initiatives in line with the career goals of Roma and Egyptian interns;
- Encourage professional development and social competence of R/E vocational students;
- Encourage interns to learn and gain practical experience in the workplace, tailoring the learning process to their vocational background.3.2 Experience and Qualification of the Expert
Experience and qualifications of the expert
- University’s degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, economic sciences (business administration, economics, entrepreneurship) or other relevant fields
- Additionally, certifications or courses in mentorship, coaching will be considered an asset;
- At least 3 years of career advising experience;
- Proven direct experience overseeing or participating in practical vocational training programs, in different industry sectors;
- Familiarity with the vocational training practices and the business environment;
- Previous working experience with Roma and Egyptian students and youngsters.
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially in addressing challenges that may arise due to diverse cultural contexts during practical training.
- Demonstrates patience and empathy to understand the unique challenges faced by Roma and Egyptian vocational graduates, creating a supportive and encouraging mentoring relationship.
- Demonstrates effective networking skills to assist graduates in building professional connections within the industry and leveraging opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of Expression of Interest (1 page indicating the compliance with the required qualifications and experience) and the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30, 2024, 17:00. Please specify in the email subject: "Inclusive EduJobs - Call for Expressions of Interest for mentor for Roma and Egyptian vocational students’ graduates – [Name Surname]."
The deadline for submission is January 30, 2024, by 17:00.
The objective of this call for expression of interest is to set up a list of experts related to the mentoring of Roma and Egyptian vocational students graduates during the internship. Inclusion on the list of experts entails no obligation on the part of the Open Society Foundation for Albania (Contracting Authority) to engage any expert or establish any contractual relationship with them.
Only the successful candidates identified in this call will be subsequently invited to submit an official offer for the required expertise.
Open Society Foundation for Albania embraces diversity and inclusion in its hiring, welcoming individuals of all religions, ethnicities, genders, and orientations to apply.