Inclusive EduJobs - Relaunching Open Call for Proposals
Title: Replication Phase 2 - Sub-grants to support: Self-Employment Business Incubator and for Roma and Egyptians in the Municipality of Shkodra
Project: Inclusive EduJobs - Towards Context Relevant Policies and Services Enhancing Employability and Educational Outcomes of Roma and Egyptians in Albania
EU Grant Contract No.: IPA/2022/432-813
Contracting Authority: Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA)
The Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), in cooperation with the Social Action and Innovation Centre (Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias kai Pai Diou (KMOP) and the Municipality of Tirana (MoT) is implementing the three-year project titled: “Inclusive EduJobs - Towards Context Relevant Policies and Services Enhancing Employability and Educational Outcomes of Roma and Egyptians in Albania”. This project is funded by the European Union under the IPA 2019 Programme, reference: EuropeAid/170610/DD/ACT/AL.
The aim of the project is to improve the inclusion of women and men, boys and girls from Roma and Egyptian communities in Albania by strengthening the capacities of the municipalities to establish and deliver inclusive services to citizens in the area of employment and inclusive education. In the area of employment, the project will directly contribute by fostering self-employment and employments schemes, social businesses and farming, creating new jobs for Roma and Egyptians at the local level.
The Open Call for Proposals is dedicated to local civil society organizations that are registered and operate in Albania. Eligible applicants should apply with project proposals targeting Shkodra municipality exclusively and comply with the main objectives of the project related to the Business Incubator Scheme as follows:
- Design contextual self-employment and employment supporting packages/models in a participatory way, involving municipalities, primarily Roma and Egyptian CSOs as well as other CSOs and ensuring the necessary link to the existing government programs, increasing and improving employment opportunities for R/E individuals. The government self-employment program, is implemented by the National Agency for Employment and Skills and Ministry of Finance and Economy, based on the Council of Ministers Decision (CoMD), Nr. 348, dated 29.4.2020: "On the procedures, criteria and rules for the implementation of the incentive program through self-employment".
Through the sub-grant scheme, the project will finance medium-sized projects, according to relevant thematic fields.
Up to 37 000 EUR per municipality
Sub-Grants to increase Roma and Egyptians self-employment and access to self-employment governmental funding (Business Incubator) in two Shkodra Municipality.
The deadline for the submission of applications is March 5, 2024 at 17.00 local hrs.
Applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service or by hand-delivery (a signed and dated certificate of receipt will be given to the deliverer) at the address below:
Postal address for registered mail, private currier, or hand-delivery:
Open Society Foundation for Albania
Address: Rruga Qemal Stafa, Pallati 120/2, Tirana, Albania
Applications sent by any other means (e.g. by fax or by e-mail) or delivered to other addresses will be rejected.
These sub-grant schemes are dedicated to local civil society organizations that are registered and operate in Albania. It is important to note that the applicants should apply with project proposals targeting Shkodra municipality exclusively.
Please download the Guidelines with instructions for this call and Annexes:
- Guidelines for sub-granting application
- Annex 1: Application Form
- Annex 2: Budget Form
- Annex 3: Logical Framework Form
- Annex 4: Declaration by the Lead applicant
- Annex 5: Mandate by the Co-applicant
- Annex 6: Declaration in Honour
- Annex 7: Check List