We are hiring: Project Officer
Position: Project Officer
Type of appointment: Fixed term for one year with possibility of extension
Office: Open Society Foundation for Albania
Location: Tirana, Albania
Vacancy issued: May 9th, 2023.
Deadline for application: May 21st, 2023
The Open Society Foundations is a global network of foundations and offices committed to local knowledge and national expertise that works to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. The Open Society Foundation for Albania is a non-profit, independent, non-governmental, non-political organization, part of the Open Society Foundations network. For more information on the activity of OSFA you may visit www.osfa.al.
OSFA is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual with a great sense of responsibility to support our Eu Project “EU 4 Inclusive Education” funded by the European Union. For more information on the project, you may visit www.eu4inclusiveteaching.al.
The main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective and accurate management of project activities, including preparation of logistic and procurement actions necessary to the implementation of the activities.
- Supports the Project Manager in the management of the project, contributes to strategic planning and in the day-to-day monitoring of the Activities in the annual work plan.
- Analyses and interprets the financial and procurement rules and regulations applicable to the project and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex project and financial issues.
- In cooperation with the Project Manager and Finance Officer develops and oversees the financial management of the project.
- Coordinates and on certain occasions assist OSFA project staff in performing their duties.
- Leads the procurement process with regards to the expertise/external consultants and project logistics. In performing this task will receive support from the PM, Administrative Assistant and Finance Officer.
- Contributes to the drafting of ToR-s and other tender specifications in cooperation with relevant team members.
- In cooperation with other team members contributes to the drafting of progress report including the documentation of activities
- Implementation of procurement activities to be monitored and in line with PRAG rules and procedures.
- Monthly update of project Procurement Plan in line with project activities timeline.
- Perform all procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
Required Qualification and Competences:
- University degree and trainings/courses related to procurement (PRAG rules and procedures) is desirable.
- Previous experience in project coordination.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of procurement, market research analysis and assessment (mandatory); Procurement related PRAG rules and procedures would be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of procurement regulations, principles of procurement and contractual aspects (mandatory).
- Experience with procurement risk mitigating methods.
- Coordination, negotiation skills and ability to get a point across clearly and precisely.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English including the ability to prepare presentations and reports.
- Ability to assess large amounts of information and provide feedback.
- Effectively multi-task and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
The application should include a Cover letter and CV in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. Please indicate in e-mail subject specification about your application: Application - Project Officer – Name Surname.
The application should arrive not later than May 21st, 2023, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org; Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
OSFA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination! We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented.